A long, healthy and Shiny hair must be everyone’s dream. The average person’s hair grows a quarter of an inch per month. Yeah, we all want a ‘below the shoulder length’ right? And while there isn’t one miracle cure for faster hair growth, there are several steps you can take to help speed up the process.
Remember that it can’t grow overnight. Unless your scalp unleashes new strands like a Chia Pet, gaining new length is going to take time. The bottom line: Practice patience.
Learn the Simple Tips to Make Your Hair Grow Faster
1. Eat protein! Not only our outside beauty efforts, massages and sophisticated hair masks are important, but also, if you really want to have thick and beautiful locks, then watch what you eat! Did you know that food can make a tremendous difference in how fast your hair grows? Protein provides a building material for your hair to grow quicker, look healthier and be stronger, as protein is the very stuff that hair is made from, so the more protein you eat, the more your hair can grow; so make sure to include eggs, nuts, fish, chicken, red meats, etc., into your balanced diet. Eat healthy and your hair will say: ‘Thank you!’
2. Brush your hair Regularly: Every day for 1 or 2 minutes, do it every morning and every evening to stimulate circulation in your scalp. Make sure to massage your head gently, it’s not working by the principle ‘the harder you brush, the faster it grows!’ Gently brushing your hair twice a day for, at least, two minutes stimulates the blood circulation in your scalp and spreads your natural oils evenly over your hair.
Healthy blood circulation is essential for hair follicles to work efficiently, grow hair fast and grow new healthy hair. Remember never to forcefully brush your hair when it’s wet, because it can damage your locks and cause breakage. We don’t want it, because we love our hair, right?! Instead, Brush your hair like it’s spun from gold. Brushing the wrong way can cause physical harm to your hair.
“When you detangle wet hair, be sure to start from the bottom and work your way up — we often instinctually go from the scalp down, but that just brings small tangles into one large knot and can cause you to lose a lot of hair. Gently brush through your hair with a wide tooth comb or use a special detangling brush for a smooth and pain free detangling.
3. Use conditioner every time you shampoo. “If your hair is wet, that means you have to condition it,” Hairstylist Townsend says. “Over time, from coloring and heat styling, strands start to get thinner at the bottom.” Conditioner helps replace the lipids and proteins inside the hair shaft, “as well as seal the cuticle to help prevent more damage from happening so that you can get your hair to grow longer and look healthier,” he says.
Don’t shampoo every time you shower. Massage your scalp every time you shampoo your hair; do it gently, use your fingers, massage your head for about a minute or two, push and move the skin around your head, and it will stimulate the blood flow in your scalp and help your hair grow faster.
“It’s shocking to me how many women skip conditioner when showering, which is the worst thing you can do for your hair — especially when you’re trying to grow it long — and it’s actually shampoo that you should be skipping as much as possible,” Townsend says. Here’s why: The purpose of shampoo is to wash away dirt and product buildup, but it can also take essential natural oils that keep strands soft and healthy along with it. When you really do need shampoo, be gentler on your hair by only lathering up at your scalp and then simply letting the suds slide down strands, hitting the rest of the hair as the water rinses it away.
4. Pamper your Hair while you Sleep. Probably, you are wondering: ‘How in the world is it possible to care for my hair, when I sleep?’ Yes, it’s actually as easy, as pie. First of all, never sleep with a tight ponytail or a tight braid, it definitely won’t help your hair grow faster and can even cause breakage of your hair and pain in your scalp. Make a loose ponytail instead. And the second tip for an efficient night hair care is this – try to sleep on a silk pillow case; it won’t cause friction and it’s much kinder to your hair, than cotton pillow covers. And, by the way, silk pillow case is not only beneficial for your hair, but it also can help prevent facial wrinkles from appearing. What a wonder is this silk: healthy and shiny hair, plus wrinkle-free skin on your face! Just perfect!
And the second tip for an efficient night hair care and to grow hair fast is this – try to sleep on a silk pillow case; it won’t cause friction and it’s much kinder to your hair than cotton pillow covers. And, by the way, silk pillow case is not only beneficial for your hair, but it also can help prevent facial and dry wrinkles from appearing. What a wonder is this silk: healthy and shiny hair, plus wrinkle-free skin on your face! Just perfect!
5. Consider Hair-boosting supplements. Your body requires many vital nutrients to create new hair, from ample protein to a slew of essential minerals. So take a look at your diet — because while eating a balanced diet helps, you may not be getting the proper amount of all the hair-building nutrients needed to create healthy hair that can grow super-long and withstand damage. “I take Viviscal Extra Strength and biotin tablets every day and tell my clients to do so as well — especially if they want to grow their hair and make it healthier as soon as it comes out of the follicle,” Townsend says. Before starting to take supplements, it’s best to check in with your doctor to make sure that you take the right amounts and that they won’t interact with any medications you’re currently taking.
6. Apply an oil or mask treatment weekly. Hair that touches your shoulders or beyond can be several years old and most likely needs more TLC than normal conditioner. Townsend suggests using moisture-based masks and oils weekly. Make a natural oil treatment. Easy recipe: 1 cup of unrefined coconut oil mixed with 1 tablespoon each of almond, macadamia, and jojoba oils.) Because oils can leave a residue on hair, he says to apply it to damp hair, leave it on for 10 minutes, then shampoo and condition like normal. These oils are able to fill strands up with fatty acids and then, when rinsed out, using regular shampoo helps seal them inside hair, Not into DIY? Try an oil-based hair treatment instead.
7. Take Care of your Scalp…It’s logical, isn’t it? This is why it’s extremely important to take a great care of your scalp. Here is one easy tip: never apply a hair conditioner to the roots of your hair! Not only it will cause the loss of volume and your hair might get oily very quickly, but also, some hair conditioners contain waxes and silicons and, if you apply them to your scalp on a regular basis, it can prevent the skin on your head from breathing and clog pores. Conclusion: apply your hair conditioner only on the length of your hair.
Try warm oil scalp massage. It’s a very easy trick, but it works wonders. Just heat up a little bit of oil (my most loved oils for this purpose are: linen oil, olive oil, coconut oil, argan oil and jojoba oil). Never boil the oil, just slightly warm it up, so that it’s pleasantly warm and comfortable to touch, then, gently massage your scalp with this treatment or ask your partner to do it for you. If you have a friend or, better, a lover, who will give you this wonderful head massage, this experience will become even more pleasant! Ask them to massage your head, gently going through the roots of your hair in circular motions.
This scalp massage can last for about fifteen or twenty minutes; then spread the oil on the length of your hair. Wait for about half an hour and shampoo your locks thoroughly; you might even need to shampoo your hair twice. Not only this experience is very relaxing, but also, you will love the result. This treatment works wonders for the hair growth and makes your tresses look very shiny, glossy and healthy, especially, if you do it regularly.
8. Using Hair Masks: Using hair masks is a great way to keep your hair looking wonderful and here is extremely great and efficient hair mask, that will not only help your hair grow faster, but also will make your locks look shinier, healthier and even more beautiful. Mix in a small bowl – one yolk of an egg with a tablespoon of honey, one tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil (or linen oil) and a tablespoon of Vodka (or Cognac). Massage this mixture into the roots of your hair and then, spread to the lengths; wait for about thirty minutes. For better results you can put a shower cup on your head and cover it up with a towel, but make sure that your special someone doesn’t see you wearing this extravagant construction on your head, as this might not look very seductive. After the thirty minutes, wash and condition your hair, as usual. You will be astonished with amazing results, especially, if you do this mask regularly, once a week or once every two weeks, during one month or two.
If you don’t find an egg mask too appealing, then try a coconut oil, sweet almond oil and honey hair mask. Simply mix these three ingredients in equal proportions, warm it slightly in a pot and massage the mixture into your hair; leave for about thirty minutes before washing out. This wonderful natural hair treatment will nourish and rejuvenate your hair, making it shinier and glossier, while also boosting hair growth.
9. Never, ever wrap your hair in a massive towel again. What could be so bad about putting hair in your super-soft bath towel? A lot. “It causes so much breakage,” Townsend says. “Your hair gets caught in all the woven fibers and since most women almost always wrap it too tight around their face, all those tiny, fragile strands around your face are more prone to break.” Opt for the super-thin and soft microfiber hair towels instead (like Aquis microfiber hair towel), which are totally OK to wrap into a turban. Extra Tip: Ditch your cotton pillowcase. Townsend recommends switching to a sateen fabric because it has a softer surface that won’t cause friction the way that regularly woven cotton does with your hair, so you’ll wake up with fewer tangles.
10. Castor Oil Hair Treatment: If you want more tips on how to make your hair grow faster, Try overnight castor oil hair treatment. Using castor oil on your hair can have astonishing and wonderful effects. It’s all simple: just massage your hair with castor oil before you go to bed and leave it on overnight; then, the next morning, wash and condition your hair, as usual. Do this treatment once or twice a week for a couple of weeks and you will be astonished by the amazing difference in the health of your hair! It works wonders for hair growth! Also, castor oil can help you to grow longer lashes and thicker eyebrows, isn’t it a good bonus?!
Rinse with apple cider vinegar. Apple cider vinegar is a great way to remove the dirt, grime and pollution that can accumulate on your hair, as well as strip away the residue that is left by hair products. Not only apple cider vinegar can help boost your hair growth, but also, being a natural detangling and shine improving treatment, it can tremendously change the appearance of your locks, of course, for better – hair becomes softer, shinier, stronger and looks healthier! Add two tablespoons of vinegar into a litter of water and rinse your hair with this homemade healthy conditioner; use this treatment as the final step of your shampooing/conditioning routine. If you aren’t a big fan of vinegar odor, then add a couple of drops of your favorite essential oil into your apple cider vinegar rinse, such as rose essential oil, for example (or you can mix lemon juice with water, in the same proportion, instead of using apple cider vinegar).
Another substitute of apple cider vinegar rinse, that can also make your hair shinier, healthier and stronger, as well as it can improve hair growth – is rose water. Just spray some rose water to your already clean shampooed hair, gently massaging it into your scalp in circular motions, then apply your regular hair conditioner to the lengths of your hair avoiding the roots, leave this treatment on for a couple of minutes, before washing off with lukewarm water. Great and simple, but most importantly – it works!
Want to grow out a haircut you hate or try to achieve an ass-grazing length? Remember that it doesn’t happen overnight. Follow these steps and you will achieve a Longer, healthier and Shinier hair in no time.
Receive Health and Beauty Tips daily by simply Subscribing below: